YMCA Summer Day Camp
YMCA Summer Day Camp is a great way to keep your child active and engaged this summer! This action packed 10 week summer day camp experience is loaded with serious fun in the sun!
Join us for the 2017 YMCA Summer Day Camp as we go on Great Explorations! Each week campers will explore and participate in hands-on learning projects that will be designed to allow them to explore the great world around them! Campers will rotate between The Arts, PE and Enrichment (STEM & Literacy) twice each day as well as have a new elective choice each week! We will provided a breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack each day. All campers will swim each day and we will offer a variety of educational field trips and much more!
All YMCA Child Care Programs are licensed through the Virginia Department of Social Services. YMCA Summer Day Camp offers care to 4-12 year olds Monday-Friday from 6:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m. YMCA Summer Day Camps are located at the Martinsville YMCA (Maximum Enrollment-75) and at the Collinsville YMCA (Maximum Enrollment-125).
To learn more about all YMCA Child Care policies and procedures please refer to our Parent Handbook; links to the 2017 registration form, parent handbook and brochure are below!
Registration for the 2017 YMCA Summer Day Camp is currently underway! To register you may choose from one of the following options:
- Schedule an appointment at your convenience beginning Monday, March 20, 2017; appointments will take place at the Collinsville Y only
- Attend an Open Enrollment Session at your child’s Y After School Site on a Wednesday from 4-6:00 p.m.; beginning Wednesday, March 29, 2017 open enrollment sessions will take place on-site on Wednesdays ONLY **This option is only available for those enrolled in Y After School
- At the time of enrollment you will receive a folder full of very important information; please be certain to read and review everything included in it, as it contains valuable information
2017 YMCA Summer Day Camp Registration Details
- Complete the Registration Form; every line must be filled in or marked “N/A” for Not Applicable
- If your child is NOT currently enrolled in a Y After School Program you must schedule an appointment to register at the Collinsville Y by calling 276-647-3771 between the front desk hours of 1-8:00 p.m.
- If you child is currently enrolled in a Y After School Program you can an Open Enrollment Session at your child’s after school site on a Wednesday (dates/times are listed above) OR you can schedule an appointment at the Collinsville Y by calling 276-647-3771
- Pay the $30.00 per child Registration/Supply Fee
- Pay the $5.00 per week deposit
- At the time of registration you much provide the following documents:
- Current immunization record, signed by a physician or Health Department official
- A copy of the most recent physical exam
- A copy of your child’s Legal Birth Certificate
- We will not be able to enroll your child without all three of these documents; this is a Virginia State Licensed Child Care Standard
- Carefully read the payment contract, payment policy and parent handbook so that you are aware of all policies, procedures and of your obligations
- Make plans to stop by on Friday, May 26 between the hours of 8:00 & 5:00 to drop-off the required supplies, make any date changes and to have any questions answered that you might have.
Click Here for your 2017 Summer Day Camp Registration Form!
Click Here for your 2017 Summer Day Camp Parent Handbook!
Payments and Fees
The weekly fee for YMCA Summer Day Camp is $85.00 weekly per child, a multi-child discount is offered. All special programming and weekly field trip fees are both an additional fee and totally optional. Your weekly fee includes breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack and daily swimming. A $30.00 non-refundable registration fee and a non-refundable $5.00 per week deposit is required at registration.
The Martinsville-Henry County Family YMCA accepts child care subsidy payments from the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Financial assistance is available for those that qualify.